Monday, January 4, 2010

More Firsts



Well there have been some more firsts in this house in the last week. Starting with Oliver's first official haircut (by someone other than his dad). We went to Cool Cuts 4 Kids. Which is a pretty neat place and totally set up for kids. And although he as excited about playing with the trains, and the cool car chair he got to sit it, and The Wiggles DVD that was playing, it all wasn't enough to restrain the tears. Overall though, for his first haircut, he did well. And more importantly the lady who cut is hair did an incredible job, against some fairly challenging odds I would say.


Also included on the lists of first is Oliver's first hockey game. We made the treck down to the arena for a Coyotes game with all of my family who were in town from Canada and Florida. The highlights for Oliver:
1. Watching the men collide into each other and go "bang, bang, bang." He especially enjoyed the sound they
made when the hit each other and the glass at the same time.
2. Seeing the Coyote mascot. Of course NOTHING will ever measure up to the Gorilla.
Overall the game was a success!


And I did not want to leave this next one out. Michael's first trip to a Suns game sitting on the floor next to the bench. Or as I like to think of it, sitting in Amare's lap. I tell you what I am not sure I can remember the last time I saw my husband this giddy over something. Other than on our wedding day, and at the births of our two sons, of course. He was stoked. And I must say the seats were pretty impressive and I enjoyed watching him and Jared attempting to hid their school boy giddiness on TV. And he was only a little shocked when one of his favorite players Steve Nash yelled at out at the ref, "Hey #*@!face, what the !@$* you *&#@er" If you can even understand that due to all of the explitives. Well he doesn't have a clean mouth but we forgive him because he is Canadian and he sure can play basketball!

No comments: