Friday, January 22, 2010

Boys and Puddles

We have had a crazy storm blow in this last week. The same one that left several counties in California flooded. It has rained so much that yesterday on the news they said that we had gotten 50% of yearly rainfall just in this week alone. And we even had some Tornado warnings last night. Our weather anchormen have never been so excited. Finally something to report on in Arizona other than sunny, dry, and hot.
And probably even more excited about the rain, and more specifically, the huge rain puddles/ river running down our street was Oliver. I decided, since I have two boys, and who knows maybe more someday, instead of squelching the desire to jump, run, and throw balls in the puddles I should just embrace it and encourage it. And, let's be honest, at the end of the day I really didn't care how many loads of laundry I had to do because watching the look of sheer joy on Oliver's face made my week!




No comments: