Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

Well my house is quiet and all my boys are asleep. And I do mean all. As I type I can hear my husband snoring on the sofa. I thought I would take a moment on this first day of 2010 and reflect on the past year. IT has been quite a year for the Fays. We spent a good half of the year preparing for our new edition. My mom and I, crazy people that we are, decided to re-paint the living room and kitchen, get rid of half the furniture and replace it with new (or old furniture re-painted and refurbished). We re-did our playroom/ office making it into a big boy room for Oliver and then totally converted our garage into a playroom. Most of this during the second and third trimester of my pregnancy so when I say we painted I mean my mom painted. And then the absolute hight light of the year came when Oliver got a little brother, the birth of our sweet Wesley Jack on June 9th. Michael got the news that he would be moving up and teaching jr. high and high school in the 09-10 school year which brought excitement and some anxiety. And we got a new member of the family when Stephanie married Stephen in October. It's been a pretty busy year I would say.
And although when I think of 2009 my mind does jump immediately to these great and wonderful events. As I sit a bit longer I start to see more snapshots of the year play out. These ones not great momentous events but the small intimate moments that have really made the year a great one. A whole bunch of trips to the park, Oliver lifting up my shirt and laughing and my new outie belley button, hearing Oliver say, "Daddy!" when Michael got home from school everyday, feeling Wesley move inside me and hearing his little heartbeat at every doctor's appointment, sledding at 26 weeks pregnant with dear friends in Banff, laying in bed feeling exhausted at the end of the day and watching who knows what on TV but being so glad that I was laying next to my husband- what would I do without him? Waking up at 2am and thinking maybe this is it and then enduring early labor on the sofa watching Forget Paris before saying to Michael at 5:45 "I think we are going to have a baby today." Watching Oliver see Wesley for the first time, watching Wesley and Oliver giggle together, hearing Oliver say prayers, eating dinner together as a family, laying on our bed with our kids feeling like the world is perfect if even for those few minutes. Yes. It has been a good year. A great one. And, as it usually is, it's been in the small stuff. And so am feeling ever so thankful to God for ALL the little moments that have made up this year. And am looking forward to all the little ones that will make up the next. Happy New Year everyone.

Here are just a few small moments captured in the last couple of weeks!









2 comments:

Lesa said...

What a beautiful post, you are blessed and have a wonderful family.

Love,

Lesa

Bri and John said...

I LOVE THIS ONE!! It's so easy to get wrapped up in the "big" moments....when really it's those small everyday things that make me smile the most.

You are so blessed to have such a fantastic little family, and we are blessed to have you as friends!

XOXO