Monday, January 18, 2010

I am a FINISHER!

Yep, that's right, you heard it. I am a finisher! I can cross if off my bucket list. I ran a half marathon. And I must say I am pretty proud of myself. And well there were a few times I wondered why in the world I had committed to doing this. Like at mile 3 when you think to yourself 3 down 10 to go. 10 to go...ugg. Or at mile 9 and 10 when you are so close buy yet so far and there is a hill to climb. But aside from those few moments of weakness I felt pretty good. And the most important thing. I finished. I ran the WHOLE way only walking through the water stops. Well actually I ran through the first two and quickly realized I was not an experienced enough runner to double fist sports drink and water while running and avoiding colliding with everyone else trying to get a drink at the same time.
And it is pretty inspiring when you look around at everyone else crazy enough to be running the 13.1 miles with you and there are people of every age and every body type with every sort of reason to be running and there we all are with one goal in mind, cross the finish line. And we all need each other in some sort of way to take the next step, get to the next mile, and to finish strong.
So what is next? Well I think I might be hooked. June 6th 1/2 marathon San Diego. Anyone with me?

mile 4
I look like I am walking but I'm running!
Almost to the finish line.
So excited to be done!
My medal





No comments: