Monday, November 2, 2009

Marathon Interview



So I should preface by saying that this video of Oliver is really long. But I think it is worth it to watch it from beginning to end. The other night Michael set up the video camera at the dinner table and started to ask Oliver some questions. Michael has been determined to get the video camera out as much as he can to conduct these interviews because Bill and Marsha did this a lot when he and Steph were kids and the footage is totally priceless. In fact the video of Steph saying, "I'm Michael Fay, no I'm Michael Fay," made it to the wedding slideshow.
And I must say Oliver did not disapoint. This interview is hilarious. The highlight: about half way through when Oliver lifts up his shirt and picks up his monkey and proceeds to "nurse' it. You will just have to watch and see what he says when Michael asked him what he was doing.
I have to share one last little story. I should tell you first that a few days ago I sang Oliver a little piece of a a song that goes "shake, shake, shake....shake, shake, shake...shake your booty." And so yesterday we were outside playing when he proceeded to pick up his morrocan style shaker and sing "shake your booty." I almost wet my pants. It took me a second to decipher what he was singing and then I remembered the other day and it all came together. I tell you, this kids misses nothing.

3 comments:

Rowdy, Christine and Isabella said...

This made my day, seriously....hilarious! He is so entertaining!

Bri and John said...

I love the new "look" on your blog!! I wish I could be super crafty and creative and make all these scrapbooks and memory albums for my family...but sadly, I just don't possess that talent (and time!), which is why the blog is perfect for me.
It's short and simple.
I can write about my favorite memories or quick family updates.
Cute memories like this video are just too fun not to share!

Love it all- and see you soon! Ty is excited to play with his buddy

Lesa said...

What a great vocabulary! So cute!