Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Mad Skills

He just surprises us everyday with all the he does especially with what comes out of his mouth. I have a few quick stories. A few days ago I bought Oliver an advent calender. On the cover there is an illustration of Santa and Mrs. Clause and some kids opening presents and then at the top in the corners are two little angels. One playing a trumpet and the other playing a violin. Well I decided to show him the calender. I handed it to him and he examined if for a few short seconds then pointed at the violin and said, "violin," then at the trumpet and said, "trumpet." and then, as if to summarize, he said, "instruments." Seriously. I remember saying the word instrument to him a few days before but I kind of just said in a sentence thinking to myself that's a big word and I'm sure he doesn't understand it. Well I guess I was wrong. His little mind and all the things it can store never ceases to amaze me.
Then the other day when I went in to get Oliver up in the morning he asked me for cooking monster. How he even remembered that he had a cookie monster doll is besides me because he hadn't played with it in months and it's not like he doesn't have about a billion toys to keep track of. But for whatever reason that morning he wanted cookie monster. So I went into his closet and got him out. He then took cookie monster and opened his mouth and said, "brush his teeth" I said, "You think Cookie Monster needs to brush his teeth?" he responded, "Yes." Seriously.
Alright now to the video. Michael shot this last night while Oliver was shooting hoops in his bedroom. There's not much more I need to say about this video except it is pretty hilarious. However I will say there must be some sort of gene that gets passed down from generation to generation in the Fay family that causes the men to LOVE the Suns. It's like Oliver was born to go to Suns and games and high five the gorilla. In fact that is what he talks about a good deal of the time. Today I took him and Wesley to the park and there were, as always, other kids playing. Oliver took a special interest in a little girl fairly close to his age. He just kept chatting her up and a lot of it she nor I really understood. Although I did manage to catch part of what he was attempting to tell her at one point and he said, "uh, uh, uh suns game, uh, uh gorilla." He was trying to tell her about the game and his favorite part of the game the gorilla. She was not all that interested but he was very excited to share his passion. So funny.

No comments: