Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Tantrums and Camels


I am not exactly sure why but for whatever reason this last week or so has brought an increased amount of tantrum throwing in our house. And I can really only take credit for one of those which me, and everyone else in America, threw when Jake picked Vienna last night. But the other roll on the ground, screaming, banging the head on the ground belong to none other than the two year old residing here. Perhaps it's because I have decided to say no more often with the hopes of teaching him that the world doesn't actually revolve around him 100 percent of the time, just most of it. Or maybe it's because we are now in the heart of his second year of life. Who knows. However, I am beginning to wonder if maybe God has some good timing because while his tantrums do drive me crazy and from time to time cause some level of embarasment Oliver somehow makes up for it all with the seriously hilarious and utterly adorable things that come out of his mouth. For example, he has taken to saying the little phrase, "That's a good idea." So today when I said to him if you sit on my lap and let me put your shoes on we will get a donut on the way to the museum he said, "Oh yes, that's a good idea." And later when I was reading him his daily dose of Scripture:) (we were reading the story about Abram and how he rides a camel, leaves his home, and goes where God asks). He said, "I want a camel. Mommy buy one?" And all I could do was laugh out loud and say that there would probably no camel buying today to which he responded, "Maybe, Oliver rides a horse later?" He's lucky he is so dang cute and entertaining.
Here he is wearing the headphones Michael purchased for him to wear at the Suns games to block out noise. He went the other night with Daddy and Papa and though the noise didn't bother him he did seem to take a special notice of the dancers. When they ran off the court he asked Michael, "Where did the dancers go?"


No comments: