Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A Very Merry Christmas

Alright. I think I have found a moment to catch my breath and get busy on some blogging. Christmas day this year was such a blast but I have to admit that when 7:30 rolled around and the kids were in bed it took everything I had to at least stay up until 9. And I may or may not have fallen asleep with my glasses on sitting up in bed at about 8:45. But in my defense, I was up at 6:30, awoken by my oldest son who, although he had no idea he was supposed to wake up earlier than normal decided he should wake up earlier than normal. So up we got. Oliver was greeted with a new tricycle from Santa (although he will have to grow into it some) some new DVD's, a basketball pump and new basketball (he specifically wanted the pump) and books (an Elmo and Thomas one , among others, as requested by Oliver while sitting on Santa's lap). After he had opened all the presents Santa had brought for him (FYI- upon opening his final present he looked to me and said, "more presents?") and checked to make sure the cookies and milk were eaten and drunk respectively we got all packed and headed to Nana's and Papa's. Where he was, of course, greeted with more presents. After we had exhausted those resources and taken in some breakfast with Nana, Papa, Auntie Steph, and Uncle Stephen we headed to Mimi and Papa's to spend time with the Canadian fam. Who, when we arrived, were soaking a few rays of sun and swimming in the pool, well mostly in the hot tub but as you will see below some braved the frigid pool waters. All in all it was a fabulous day spent as it should be enjoying food and family.
I should add that little Welsey seemed to enjoy the day as well. He, of course, had no clue that Christmas day was different than any other. Except that there did seem to be a few more people clamoring to hold him than usual and there was an abundance of colorful paper to chew on. And for that I am sure he was thankful:)












A

No comments: