Monday, December 7, 2009

Oliver is 2!

Oh goodness. Where do I start? I absolutely cannot believe that our little boy is 2 today. I still remember so clearly the day we took my mom and dad and Bill and Marsha out for dinner (well we didn't take them...they never let us pay:) and told them we were going to have a baby. I will also never forget the look of total shock and the color of white my Dad turned. He wasn't sure he was ready to be married to a grandma yet but I think he got over that pretty quick.
I remember the last days leading up to his birth. I remember how totally miserable I was and how depressed I got when my phone alarm sounded on December 5th and I rushed to see what it was all about and then recalled that I had set an alarm for my due date and there was still no baby. And I remember how off I felt on December 6th all day and praying PLEASE let this be it. And I remember the pain, the 1st and 2nd trip to the hospital. It being 3 in the morning and thinking I haven't slept at all and I probably won't. Of course the only thing in the world that I would even dream of missing sleep over was this precious baby. And I remember seeing him for the first time and realizing that all that I had heard about how you will love your child more than you ever thought possible was totally true.
We love you Oliver. Could not imagine our lives without you. Are so thankful God blessed us with the sweetest boy in the whole world (along with your brother of course!) Happy Birthday!
Our big boy in the bath the other day.
Our early walker.
Goofy little Oliver face!
Laying on his favorite puppy dog pillow!
December 7th 2007
click on the link to the right to view pictures from the birthday!

3 comments:

Bree at Clarity Defined said...

So sweet! Happy Birthday Oliver and Birth Day to you! :)

Bri and John said...

Happy Birthday Oliver! I just can't get over how fast the boys have grown.. :-(

We need to have a playdate soon so Ty can give Oliver a birthday present!

XOXO

GES said...

Michael and Christy: To say that the two lads are the light of our lives is a gross understatement. We love you both and despite the fact that as Oliver and Wesley age, we are reminded that we are getting older (grandparents.... are you kidding!!), we are so blessed!! Thanks for sharing this day with us! Love you all!!