Wednesday, May 11, 2011

P.E. Olympics

I volunteered last week for an event at Oliver's pre-school called, "P.E. Olympics." When I walked into his classroom one of his teachers said to me, "You're brave for volunteering. When I saw your name on the list, I thought, wow! I hope she knows what she is getting herself into." (while she says this she looks at my large belly.) I think to myself, well it can't be that difficult. Isn't is just some kids playing games? Well it is just some kids playing games...sort of. Okay actually it happens to be ALL the kids that go to pre-school in the morning (3,4, and 5 year olds) doing six or seven stations with all manor of balls, ropes, hoops, nets, tunnels, etc. and somehow rotating from these said stations without one of them getting lost in the extraordinarily large shuffle that is the gym. And, yes, I have been put in charge of Oliver and his two buddies (also boys). I am to make sure they make it through all the stations without losing one of them. You think, surely that can't be that difficult, it's only three boys. Well let me tell you, they are fast little things and I am 35 weeks pregnant. So it wasn't as simple as you might originally think. However, the good news is, I survived. I did not go into labor. I only lost one of them one time...don't worry he was quickly recovered. Here are the pictures:) And sorry about the poor quality...again I forgot the better camera.

That is his little buddy Colton next to him. They love each other and are constantly playing pirates or spiderman or some from of good guy versus bad guy game.
They are supposed to be passing the ball to one another. "Supposed to be" is the key phrase here.

The obstacle course was a big hit.
Snack time.

Getting ready for the parade of champions (they all walked around with little flags while all the parents cheered them on). VERY cute.


No comments: