Friday, March 11, 2011

Basketball

I haven't had a chance yet to post these pics and basketball ended about a month ago now so I am a little late, but better late than never. Michael coached freshman boys basketball this year. The same kids he coached a few years ago in seventh grade. They had a very successful season and only lost three games (I am pretty sure this is correct). He could better fill you in on their exact record but I know they lost MUCH less than they won. Papa coached with him once again, the boys on the team called him "Mr. Mr. Fay" which I thought was funny.
I must say that although I am glad Michael got the chance to coach and I know it meant a lot to him and to the guys on the team, we really missed having him at home. I may or may not have thanked God that basketball was almost over during bedtime prayers with Oliver which of course he then mimicked for the next weeks, well maybe month. To this day he says, "thank you God that basketball is over." I don't think I was the only one that missed him:)




No comments: