Monday, January 31, 2011

My Turn


Okay so a few nights ago we went out with our dear friends the Owenses and the Does. Marcie wrote a blog post reflecting on our night and and our friendship in general. And now it's my turn to blog about this same thing.

Many of you readers know that the Does are moving to Texas in about three (gulp) weeks. They are planting a church in Frisco and we are so incredibly proud of them for taking this leap of faith and I know God is going to use them to accomplish great things. Michael and I are both trying to hold it together because of our joy and excitement for them as they enter this new chapter but secretly when no one is around we are grieving. Well Michael says he doesn't care that they are moving ;) but I might have seen him cry after he came home from the Suns game the other night (he went with Jared and some other boys).
As Marcie wrote we have been through a lot together these last years. Probably most meaningful has been the birth of our kids. We had hoped that Oliver and Sophia would turn out to be great pals as we laid them next to each other when they were just teeny tiny but as Oliver put it the other night before bed, "She is my best friend in the whole world." Ugg.

Well I should go so I can cry myself to sleep. But really, Does- we value your friendship so very much, are truly thankful for you, will miss you greatly, and LOVE you with all of our hearts.
"ARIZONA FOREVER"

No comments: