Tuesday, June 8, 2010

WEsley is Turning 1

I am sitting here on the eve of my youngest son's birth reminscing a bit about the day leading up to his grand appearance. Last year this time I was probably getting ready to fall asleep having gotten home about an hour earlier from pregnancy pics with Auntie Steph and Uncle Stephen. I remember feeling great and thinking how thankful I was for the somewhat unseasonably cool weather and having no idea what was about to happen. I remember waking up at 2am with a pain and thinking hmmm this could be it but who knows. I remember laying in bed for about an hour and thinking I had about four pains. I remember getting up and and going out into the living room. Perusing the HBO channels for a decent movie (a tough task at 3am) and settling on a movie called "Forget Paris.' I watched the whole thing, ate some grapes, finished packing my bag, and woke up Michael. AT 7am my wonderful husband convinced me to go to the hospital and I do mean convinced me. I wasn't in that much pain, and nothing in comparison to labor with Oliver, so I was SURE they would send me home. We got to the hospital and the checked me, I was 4-5 cm, and fairly shocked about it. And at 11 am I met my second VERY sweet and ever so handsome little boy.
I wondered throughout my pregnancy. Will I love him like I love Oliver? Do I have enough room in my heart? Enough love to give? And I found out in the short seconds after his birth. YES. YES. and YES. 3 emphatic yeses. I love him not because he is like Oliver but because he so different. From his eye color to his attitude. His solid build to his low key, easy going manor. I love him because he is Wesley. And there is no one else like him in the world. He is easy to make laugh, he already looks up to his brother, he can eat more in a short time than anyone I have ever known (aside from my Grandpa Sardachuk who he has inherited this trait from:), and he is just the sweetest little man on the planet. We are so thankful for you Wesley Jack. You are the perfect addition to our family. We LOVE you!
Here is a the journey of his first year in pictures!











1 comment:

Lesa said...

Happy Birthday Wesley with the beautiful blue eyes. What a handsome guy!

love, lesa