Wednesday, June 9, 2010

SD Half Marathon

This past weekend I am proud to say that I ran my second half marathon in San Diego. It was a great race. I couldn't believe how good I felt all the way through. I got to mile 9 and felt good, mile 10 and felt good, mile 11 and felt good and then before I knew it I was at the finish. I felt confident that I had beat my time from Phoenix and I did 2:29.50. Which was three to three and half minutes better. However I had to stop and wait in a line for the port-o-potty at mile 2.5 for at least 4 minutes, maybe even 5, so in my head my time is 2:25.50. I was so mad I had to stop and that I wasn't wearing a watch so I had an accurate time. Oh well. I guess I will just have to run another one:) Here is a picture of me in our hotel in La Jolla following the race. And I should also say congrats to my other Team Mitch members and specifically to Emily for running faster than she has in years and to Amy for finishing the FULL marathon (that's right 26.3 miles). Seriously, amazing.



No comments: