Thursday, February 4, 2010

Mary Poppins and a First Tooth!


Oliver's new obsession is Mary Poppins. He LOVES watching the movie. In fact I am pretty sure if we let him he would watch in on repeat over and over again all day. He seems to somehow have figured out to say Mary Poppins with a bit of a English accent. So on Monday we (Papa, Nana, and myself) went to the mall to eat lunch and ride on the merry-go-round. Unfortunately the horses didn't come off the merry-go-round and none of us won a horse race but he had a lot of fun nonetheless. And so did Wesley, well about as much fun as he could have considering he has been battling a cold and teething for the last week. However I am happy, and I really meant it, SO HAPPY, to announce that his first tooth has cut. Thank the Lord. He has been teething FOREVER and finally we are seeing the fruit of his labor!
Today I took the kids to the Barnes and Noble at Desert Ridge and then we walked around exploring all the fountains and throwing coins in. And, of course, somehow Oliver spotted a Mary Poppins poster (the musical is coming to Gammage in the next week) and said, "Mommy, look. Mary Poppins!" On the way home he told me at least twice that he say a picture of Mary Poppins. Well I have to admit I am glad that he we are taking a break from the Wiggles even if it means I have to watch Mary Poppins twice a day:)




No comments: