Thursday, April 28, 2011

Our Little Boy is Back!


As many of you know, the last two months have been rough for our little man. He got an double ear infection back at the end of February and hasn't been able to shake it since then. We have been to the doctor's office more than I would like to talk about, been through oral anti-biotics, anti-biotic shots, sleepless nights, and fevers. We finally saw a ENT a week ago Monday and discovered his hears were full of fluid (the fluid refused to drain properly which caused the on going ear infection) and that he needed tubes. The tubes (a VERY common surgery to solve chronic ear problems) went in last Friday and the procedure was a success. We had to put him under for the very quick surgery which is always a little nerve wracking, more for us than for him, but he came through just fine:) Within a few hours of his surgery he was totally back to normal and the sweet and energetic kid that I knew to be mine was back!!
I think the most traumatic part for him was the little hospital gown they wanted us to put him in. As soon as we got it on him he screamed until we removed it. It proved to me once again, he is ALL boy. It's as if he was saying, 'I'm not going to wear that ridiculous gown, dresses are for girls, are you kidding me?"
Here is a picture of him at our kitchen sink. He LOVES to skittle in the water and wash my dishes for me, which I don't mind at all.


No comments: