Monday, August 23, 2010

Haircuts All Around

Those of you who have seen Wesley recently know that he was in dire need of a haircut. Although his Justin Bieberesque due was adorable it was getting a little shaggy looking and it became obvious to me that my meager hairdressing skills were no going to "cut" it (no pun intended). So I broke down and took him in to get his haircut from the same lady that did Oliver's. She is a real pro and it never ceases to amaze me how even she gets the hair considering they inevitably move right as show goes to cut. Nevertheless, he looks ADORABLE. And as many people commented on facebook, more like his big brother than ever. And I guess it's true because today, while taking Oliver to the potty in Barnes and Noble, a lady holding open the door said, "OH, my daughter-in-law has twins and she has her hands full." (I should note that Wesley was in a stroller so the height differential wasn't apparent) I didn't have the energy to tell her that they weren't in fact twins so I smiled and thanked her for holding open the door. We also recently buzzed Oliver's hair, well Michael did, at home with our clippers. He was more than up for the haircut when we told him he would look like Anakin Skywalker if he held still and let us do it.
The pictures of the cuts will be posted below but I wanted to write a little more about Welsey here. Just in the last weeks I have noticed his verbal communication getting better everyday. To help me remember I wanted to write out all the new words I have heard him say: Daddy (a very popular word in his vocabulary right now), all done (pronounced alll duh), more more (sounds like ma ma but he is not talking about me he is talking about wanting more food), doggy, norma, hot, Oliver (although this sounds like ol'er) ball, basketball (bahball), and golf ball (go' ball). And on top his budding communication skills he is responding to so much of what we say and ask him to do. He will close the door when we ask him to and when I say, "Let's go to Oliver's room" or "lets go to the potty room" he will head there without us leading him first. He is a smart boy and is walking in his brothers very vorbose footsteps!
He wasn't so sure about the whole thing

This is him before she started cutting. He like the car until he saw the clippers.
Oliver wanted to sit in the truck too.


No comments: